Although tobacco use is down amongst both adults and teenagers these days, there are still situations that call for tobacco testing through a professional lab like Test Smartly Labs. We receive requests for tobacco testing for many purposes, from validating that a policyholder is eligible for certain insurance rates or policies to determining if a teenager has been smoking. Also referred to as “cotinine testing,” our tests can let you know if someone is currently smoking, recently stopped smoking and/or is a long-term smoker.
We Help Everybody
Also referred to as “cotinine testing,” our tests will let you know if someone is currently smoking, recently stopped smoking, and/or if they are a long-term smoker.
Currently, 29 states and D.C. offer anti-discrimination laws that protect those who smoke. In contrast, the other states allow employers to charge you more for health insurance if you’re a smoker.
If you are a tobacco product user, or have been in the past and recently quit, we can help test your levels and let you know if you will pass a non-smoker test before you apply for insurance or a job.
Be proactive and give us a call to get tested today. We will guide you through the process and help you decide which test is best for your situation.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
Get Tested, Get Help
Once widely used in most societies, tobacco has been proven to pose far more risks than benefits. In the U. S., it is the number one cause of preventable death. Studies show that on average, a smoker’s lifespan is shortened by at least ten years.
Sadly, tobacco is not just harmful to the smoker. Second hand smoke puts everyone, including children, at-risk, and may cause sudden infant death syndrome.
Be prepared for your drug test!
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your test on site
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer
(MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr
minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water
before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.