Stimulants are often prescribed to those with conditions like narcolepsy or ADHD to increase the dopamine levels in the brain. While they can be effective treatments for these disorders, stimulants are commonly abused and highly addictive. Periodic testing is an effective way to fight stimulant addiction, so Test Smartly Labs provides multiple testing options designed to pick up a variety of drugs.
Why Are Stimulants Dangerous?
Stimulants increase feelings of energy, alertness, and confidence in the user. If prescribed by a doctor, stimulants take the form of a pill or tablet to control the duration and strength of the effects.
Also known as “uppers”, stimulants are highly addictive and can cause adverse side effects when abused. When used illicitly, stimulants can be smoked, snorted, swallowed, or injected into the system. Regular users develop a dependency and tolerance, which means they must increase the dosage to continue feeling the pleasant effects of the drugs.
Taking high doses of stimulants can cause many side effects, such as anxiety, seizures, coma, or death.
If you are ever suspicious that an employee or loved one has been abusing stimulants, prescribed or otherwise, it’s wise to look into testing options. Test Smartly provides accurate tests designed to pick up traces of a variety of drugs to give you peace of mind.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
What Types Of Items Are Used?
Inhalants can come in many different shapes and sizes. There are many different types of items that can be used, the majority of which are found in the average household. Here are some examples:
- Hair or deodorant sprays
- Whip cream dispensers (also known as whippits)
- Lighter fluid
- Room odorizer
- Spray paint
The list does not end there. Educating young people about the dangers of inhalants is crucial because they may experience pressure from friends to try inhaling substances.
Be prepared for your drug test...
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your Test on the same day it happens
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.