Cocaine (COC) Testing
Cocaine is a common street drug that is highly addictive and presents many damaging side effects. There are no FDA-approved medications to aid in recovery, so often the first step towards rehabilitation is proving the abuse. Test Smartly Labs partners with you to provide the evidence.
Stop The Addiction Before It Gets Worse
Those abusing cocaine are at risk for numerous short and long-term health complications. These include:
- Convulsions and seizures
- Heart issues
- Unpredictable mood swings
- Lung damage
- Bowel decay (if swallowed)
- Loss of smell, nosebleeds, runny nose, and trouble swallowing, (if snorted)
Test Smartly Labs can get involved as the drug testing partner to determine if a person has been using and/or abusing cocaine. Several of our drug tests will look for traces of cocaine in the body. These are:
- Urine Drug Testing
- Nail Drug Testing
- Saliva/Oral Drug Testing
- Hair Follicle Drug Testing
If you suspect someone is using cocaine, don’t wait to get help. Once there is solid evidence of cocaine abuse, the problem becomes more approachable. If you need a reliable drug testing partner, contact us.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
How Does Test Smartly Efficiently Test For Cocaine?
If you’re testing someone for cocaine use, you need to take into account how much they’re using (dosage) and how often (frequency). This may help you decide which type of test you need.
Here’s a helpful guide:
- Did someone use cocaine one time? (single use)
- A saliva test will be most effective
- Avoid urine or hair tests
- Has someone been using a lot of cocaine? (high dosage)
- A nail test will detect the longest length of time; a hair test will look at dosage over the past 90 days
- Has someone been using cocaine very often (frequent use)?
- A urine or saliva test are the best tests for this
If you need more assistance in choosing the right tests, we are always available.
Be prepared for your drug test!
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your test on site
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer
(MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr
minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water
before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.