Nail Drug Testing
Did you know you can test fingernails or toenails to see if someone has used drugs? Nail drug testing works similarly to hair follicle drug testing, and it is an attractive option for those who refuse or cannot test the hair. Further it is effective for a variety of drugs, including substances like fentanyl, tramadol, and ketamine.
How Does Fingernail Testing Work?
Your fingernails grow out of a nail bed, and this nail bed is connected to your blood flow – meaning if drugs are flowing through your body, traces of the drugs will also flow into your nails. Further, hardly anything can alter the nail’s protein, called keratin, which makes it difficult to alter the test results. To test the nails for drug use, we follow a process that will hold up in the court of law should the test results be used as evidence.
What Kinds Of Drugs Can Nail Testing Find?
Fingernail drug tests can discover the presence of many assortments of drugs, including:
- These tests can also cover substances like fentanyl, tramadol, and ketamine.
Whichever one of these substances is the culprit you are trying to track down in the body of yourself, loved ones, employees, etc, make sure you ask a qualified tester at Test Smartly Labs how best to proceed. We’re professionals, and we care about what our tests mean to our customers.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Prescription Drug Abuse: Signs, Symptoms and Statistics
Prescription drug abuse implies taking prescription medication was not given to you by the doctor, or taking your prescription medication in a manner that differs from the instructions. While taking prescription medication is not perceived as equivalent to taking illegal street drugs, the consequences can be equally harsh.
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
Why Choose Nail Testing For Drugs?
Nail testing is a good, reliable option for drug testing. Here are some of its advantages over drug testing types:
- 6-8 months: That’s the amount of time fingernails may contain evidence that someone has used drugs. Drug testing fingernails offers a wider window into drug use history.
- Everyone has nails: You can always test the nails for drugs, this comes in handy if someone refuses to collect hair or shaves their head.
- No cheating: No amount of manicuring, polishing or filing the nails will hide what lies within the nail beds.
As a verified collection site, Test Smartly Labs meets all security requirements and the specifications required for us to collect for this test.
Be prepared for your drug test:
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your Test on the same day it happens
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.