Phencyclidine (PCP) Testing
Phencyclidine, commonly known as PCP, was originally developed as an intravenous anesthetic for use in surgical procedures. However, it was discontinued in 1965 due to serious adverse effects. Today, many use PCP recreationally because of its hallucinogenic properties, and Test Smartly Labs offers several testing options that will determine if someone has been using PCP. Whether you need the drug test for personal or professional reasons, you can trust us to get you quick answers.
Determining how long PCP is in the body depends on many variables, and revealing the truth is often dependent on what kind of drug test is being used. PCP can be detected for a shorter time with some tests but can be visible for up to three months in others. The time frame to detect PCP in the system also depends on metabolism, body mass, age, hydration level, physical activity, health conditions, and other factors.
- In a urine test, PCP can be detected in someone’s system as quickly as 4 to 6 hours after the drug has been consumed and can be found from anywhere between 7 to 14 days.
- In a hair test, PCP can be detected within 5 to 10 days and can stay in hair follicles for up to 90 days.
- A saliva test will find usage in as quickly as 5 to 10 minutes after consumption and for up to 3 days.
Choosing the right test can be challenging, but with our expertise, we will assist you every step of the way. Contact us to get started.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
Why Is PCP Dangerous?
PCP is addictive and poses many health-risks. There are many long-term and short term side effects, ranging from mild euphoria to psychosis and aggressive behavior. The following are only a few of the side effects of PCP:
- Feelings of dissociation
- Concentration difficulties
- Blurred vision
- Speech issues
- Coma or stupor
- Severe anxiety or depression
The list of side effects goes on. Contact us today to order a test and get the quick results you need.
Be prepared for your drug test!
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your test on site
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer
(MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr
minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water
before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.