MDMA (Ecstasy) Testing
MDMA is a synthetic drug that has energizing and hallucinogenic properties. It is a stimulant and a hallucinogen that causes auditory or visual distortions and enhances sensory experiences. Fatal overdoses are rarely caused by MDMA, but negative side effects are still possible. We provide comprehensive testing that will pick up traces of MDMA.
What Is MDMA?
Typically, Ecstasy (the capsule or tablet form of MDMA) is taken to experience hallucinations and enhance enjoyment from sensory experiences. It also increases empathy and self awareness. Reports show that MDMA may not be truly addictive, but Ecstasy tablets or capsules purchased on the streets may contain other substances as well. This includes drugs like methamphetamine, heroin, cocaine, and ketamine.
How Does It Work?
Ecstasy has a powerful effect on the “pleasure centers” of the brain, and it causes surges in activity for:
A neurotransmitter of the body, also known for its effect on human pleaser
Also a neurotransmitter, but it also serves as a stress hormone that can help the body deal with stressful situations
A versatile hormone that does many things for the body, from producing feelings of happiness to administrating cognition.
Test Smartly Labs is equipped with the knowledge and experience to test for a variety of drugs, including MDMA. Contact us today to get started.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
Ecstasy Usage: Comparing Adolescents to Young Adults
Defined by the National Survey on Drug Use and Health as individuals between the ages of 12 to 17, a 2014 study from the same organization found the following:
- 1.2% of adolescents had taken ecstasy at least once in their lives.
- An estimated 0.7% of adolescents reported taking ecstasy in the past year.
- Roughly 0.2% of adolescents reported using ecstasy in the previous month.
This is a fairly stark contrast to usage among young adults (categorized as being between the ages of 18 and 25), who make up the largest percentage of ecstasy abusers. The same study found the following:
- Approximately 12% of young adults reported using ecstasy at least once in their lifetime.
- About 3.5% reported using the drug in the previous year.
- Nearly 1% were current ecstasy users, having used as recently as within the past month.
Be prepared for your drug test...
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your Test on the same day it happens
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.