Heroin is a highly addictive drug that can be extremely difficult to quit. Test Smartly Labs offers several testing options that will determine if someone has been using heroin. Whether you need the drug test for personal or professional reasons, you can trust us to get you quick answers to improve the chances of successful rehabilitation.
Proof Before Rehabilitation
Heroin is an illegal opioid that can be snorted, smoked, or injected via a syringe. Heroin addiction can cause the abuser to lose motivation, exhibit hostile behavior towards friends and family, or overdose. A handful of medications may help heroin addicts recover. Sometimes, the first step towards rehabilitation is proving the addiction.
Test Smartly provides drug tests that can identify if someone has used heroin within the past 48 hours. These tests are:
- Urine Drug Testing
- Nail Drug Testing
- Saliva/Oral Drug Testing
It’s important to know on average, it only takes 30 minutes for half of one dose to be flushed from the system. The other tests may not be able to pick up heroin unless it was used recently. However, the hair follicle test will determine if someone has used heroin within the past 3 months
To get started, contact us.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
Are urine drug screens instant?
Instant drug screens are not drug tests.
They are an appealing and attractive option because they can provide negative results very quickly. They’re a good option if you do not need to use the results in court. These screens do not confirm a positive result, but instead provide either “negative” or “non-negative” results. The screen’s only value is to rule out certain drugs with a “negative” reading. If the urine screen reads as non-negative, further testing needs to be done by diagnostic lab testing.
This process involves evaluating the collection through a scientific process.
A medical review officer will get involved to gather the person’s prescription information to see if any substances identified in the urine were legally prescribed, and if the prescription instructions were followed. Only after this evaluation can a test result be used and communicated with confidence.
For this reason, we mostly recommend lab-based drug tests combined with lab confirmations to get a defensible, reliable test result.
Be prepared for your drug test:
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your Test on the same day it happens
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.