Academic Drug Test Programs
Education is an investment, and to get the best investment possible, a school must prioritize being drug and alcohol free, with a zero-tolerance policy. The more involved adults can get in helping provide expectations and accountability, the more the teens will respond. If you need a trusted, local resource give Test Smartly Labs a call.
Accurate Tests And Empathetic Testers
At the end of the day, every generation will constantly face the struggles and pressures this phase of adolescence offers.
If you’re an administrator, teacher or coach at the school, make sure to expect your students to follow your drug and alcohol policies. Many teens are experimenting with drugs and alcohol between middle school and high school.
Let them know that you have a resource for:
- Drug testing
- Alcohol testing
- Prescription drug testing
- Steroid testing
- And more
We care, and we have the power to help you learn how to help your teens. Please, contact us.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
"Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
Helping Schools And Universities Everywhere
According to the publication School Employee Wellness: A Guide for Protecting the Assets of Our Nation’s Schools, school health programs in the 21st century should include eight components:
- Family and community involvement in school health
- Comprehensive school health education
- Physical education and other physical activity
- School health services
- School nutrition services
- School counseling
- Psychological and social services
- Healthy school environment and school employee wellness
The experts all agree – from the schoolhouse to the college campus, health and wellness should be a priority. To get started, give us a call.
Be prepared for your drug test:
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your Test on the same day it happens
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.
Athletic Drug And Alcohol Testing
In today’s world, sports stars are heroes. Athletes are role models. From the pee-wee football field to the high school, college and professional stadiums, many people look up to those who play sports. That’s why it’s doubly important to keep them drug-free. Not only will a drug-free lifestyle make for a stronger, better athlete, it will also encourage all of their followers to be drug-free too.
Thanks to a June 1995 Supreme Court ruling supporting interscholastic student athlete drug testing, many schools incorporate mandatory, reasonable suspicion and voluntary drug testing into their athletic programs.
If you’re in charge of athletes, keep them drug free. If you need a local drug testing partner who cares about this community and your team, give us a call. We can work with individual athletes or entire athletic programs – we can even come to you.