Everyone is well aware of the fact that genetic material comes from both parents. The mother’s and father’s genes come together to form the unique chemical which is generally known as DNA.
Avuncular DNA Test 3 (3-People: Parent, Uncle/Aunt, Child)
Avuncular DNA Test 3 (3-People: Parent, Uncle/Aunt, Child): Avuncular Relationship DNA. Specimen Type: Buccal Swab
You May Also Consider
It's easy as 1-2-3..
- Fill out
- Get Results
Aunt & Uncle DNA Testing
Is there a way to confirm the father or motherhood of an individual if the alleged father or mother is deceased, unavailable for testing, or unwilling? Yes! Aunt/uncle testing is a reliable way to determine a biological relationship. This is one of the many tests that Test Smartly Labs can perform.
Why Get An Aunt/Uncle DNA Test?
Aunt and Uncle DNA testing (avuncular testing) cannot confirm the father or mother of a child, but it can confirm or deny a biological relationship. In some cases, this may be all that is needed to pinpoint parentage.
If the reason for doing an avuncular test is to check for paternity when the alleged father is unavailable or unwilling, having the mother contribute DNA can help the accuracy and ease of the test. This is also true for the opposite situation, with the mother being the unknown parent.
Legal Testing Services
As an AABB accredited lab, we are able to do testing for legal purposes.
If you need legal DNA testing, you will need to come to our facility and receive a buccal (or cheek) swab. This must be done onsite so that the extraction is witnessed and maintains a chain-of-custody.
If an Aunt or Uncle test is something you need for legal or personal purposes, contact Test Smartly Labs today.
Information On This Topic
Understanding the Downside Risks of “At-Home” Non-Legal Paternity Tests
Advanced DNA Testing for Overall Health
Unlocking the long-lost story that literally created you- all through the power of DNA Ancestry Testing.
Amelia was unknowingly adopted at the age of three by a loving couple who was wholly dedicated to providing a happy, healthy, and safe home for their daughter.
Discovering Your Past, Learning Your History, and Uncovering your Heritage
When many people think of laboratory blood tests, they imagine making an appointment at their doctor's office, taking time off work, paying large fees, and waiting around in the lobby for who knows how long.
Y Chromosome Test
Given the tendency for a Y chromosome to remain unchanged as it’s passed down to each generation, the Y Chromosome Test can be helpful if a male needs to test a biological relationship with another male.
The Y chromosome test could confirm a relationship with
A female can also test relations to suspected male relatives if a known male relative is willing to give a DNA sample on her behalf.
If you have questions or doubts about your lineage, let Test Smartly Labs help clear things up. Contact us today.
Be prepared for your DNA or Paternity Test!
- Bring Government Issued ID.
- Bring Birth Certificate for Child. If none, bring a social security card, insurance card, or something else to help support identification.
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure.
- Provide Authorizations to Receive Results.
- Most DNA will require a Buccal Swab specimen from the mouth.
- Prenatal DNA will require a Blood Draw so you will want to by hydrated.
- Be prepared to have a photo taken of all parties being tested.
- Do not eat anything (particularly meat, vegetables and breast milk for infants) for an hour before arriving.
- You do not have to arrive together or go to the same Test Smartly. Labs Testing Center but do coordinate plans with all parties being tested.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.