TB Gold Blood Test
TB Gold Blood Test: Specimen Type: Blood
You May Also Consider
It's easy as 1-2-3..
- Get Results
Tuberculosis (TB) Testing
Caused by a bacterium called Mycobacterium tuberculosis, the Tuberculosis infection is infectious to many and dangerous to some. Not everyone who is infected with the TB bacterium develops the associated sickness, instead possessing a latent form, but for those who do become diseased, ignoring the issue can be a fatal mistake.
Get A Blood Test to Determine The Truth
TB is primarily spread through droplets from the mouth of infected persons. Their coughs, speech, sneezes, etc can infect those in close proximity to them.
As mentioned before, TB can have different effects on different people. TB symptoms, while hardly common, are not unique to TB, so it’s important to investigate their true source if you are experiencing them. These symptoms include:
- Chest pain
- Weakness or fatigue
- Coughing up blood phlegm
- Weight loss
- No appetite
There are primarily two popular testing methods to determine the presence of TB, but the blood test tends to be the more reliable of the two. This will be the important first step that will test for whether you have a TB latent infection or a TB disease, and we are fully equipped to do this for you.
If you are experiencing the above symptoms, please contact Test Smartly Labs.
Information On This Topic
Taming Lab Costs
Unmanageable and skyrocketing lab tests are a thing of the past with Test Smartly Labs
We live in an era of rapidly advancing science and an endless desire for understanding. As technology and scientific studies advance our world into the future, human beings are able to unlock and explore their own inner workings in ways that were simply unimaginable just a few decades back.
Save a Fortune on Lab Testing (Blood Test) Services
When many people think of laboratory blood tests, they imagine making an appointment at their doctor’s office, taking time off work, paying large fees, and waiting around in the lobby for who knows how long. Then, you have to wait around for days to get a call from a nurse with your results. Most of the time you never actually see the lab results. This method of getting lab work done is rather old-fashioned and inconvenient. Worst of all, it costs an awful lot of money in co-pays and fees that add up quickly if you need multiple lab tests or office visits throughout the year.
Lab Testing as an Integral Part of Your Overall Fitness & Health Program
What does it actually mean to be fit and healthy?
Finding one particular definition of fitness or health is challenging. According to several dictionaries, fitness means – the state or quality of being fit. Well, fitness can mean different things for different people. But, one thing is certain for many, overall fitness is all about being healthier and feeling better.
Some groups of people should more strongly consider TB testing. These individuals are:
- Those who have been exposed to others who are infected
- Those who hail from a country where TB is common
- Those who work in high-risk settings, which includes homeless shelters, hospitals, etc.
- Health-care workers who work around high-risk patients
- Children who have been exposed to the presence of TB are more likely to contract it and will sometimes be ill-equipped to deal with it
Be prepared for your lab test:
- Make sure you have been Fasting for at least 10-12 hours for many blood tests
- Make sure you are Hydrated for blood draw
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your lab test upfront (We don't process insurance claims but can provide you with information to submit your own insurance claim)
- If you are having specialized testing, call ahead to help us determine if there are special collection preparations.
- If you are interested in one of our health panels, please feel free to look at our web listing to help identify which one you want performed.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to business closing to allow us time to process your samples for shipment.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.