In many situations, alcohol use is acceptable and appropriate; however, there are several circumstances where it is not. One is the workplace. Drinking while on the job, or coming to work intoxicated, is a major safety concern in thousands of workplaces. At Test Smartly Labs, we offer a variety of alcohol testing options to meet your budget and needs.
Alcohol Testing Services
At Test Smartly Labs, we offer a variety of alcohol testing options to meet your budget and needs. We’re a trusted partner and often perform alcohol tests for:
- Post-accident situations
- Court hearings and legal matters
- Personal needs
What are the types of alcohol tests we offer?
- Breath Alcohol Testing – this is the most commonly requested test
- Blood Alcohol Testing – often used in court
- Urine Alcohol Testing (EtG & EtS testing) – will look for use within the past 80 hours
- ETG Hair Alcohol Testing – can look for up to 90 days
If you need help determining which test is best for you, or to request an alcohol test, contact us.
Visit a Kansas City area location. Call us, walk-in, or schedule online.
Information On This Topic
Understanding Peth Blood Spot (Alcohol Testing)
What is PEth Test?
Phosphatidylethanol (PEth) is a chemical compound that is found in the blood of people who drink alcohol. The detection of phosphatidylethanol (PEth) is the blood is the basis of PEth testing that provides information about alcohol use. This is a new testing technique that is becoming increasing popular.
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Understanding Lab-Based Drug Testing vs. Instant Drug Screening
The process and specifics related to drug screening can be overwhelming and intimidating to even the most seasoned employer, lawyer, law enforcement officer, or civilian. Drug screening is utilized for a variety of reasons, ranging from supporting a loved one in recovery, to court appointed mandate, to safety precautions for a job.
Alcohol And The Workplace
While you’d like to think “not me… not my employees or my workplace,” this is a dangerous thought. Just take a look:
“Rates of past month heavy alcohol use ranged from 17.5 percent among workers in the mining industry to 4.4 percent among workers in the health care and social assistance industry.” source: SAMHSA study
Mining, construction and food service industries have the highest percentages of workers who claim to heavily drink alcohol.
Teenage Alcohol Testing
Alcohol is the #1 substance most widely used and abused by teenagers. According to the 2016 Monitoring the Future study,
“Six out of every ten students (61%) have consumed alcohol (more than just a few sips) by the end of high school, and about a quarter (23%) have done so by 8th grade. In fact, nearly half (46%) of 12th graders and one in eleven (9%) 8th graders in 2016 reported having been drunk at least once in their life.”
Test Smartly Labs can help you determine if your teen has been drinking alcohol. We offer a variety of options when it comes to alcohol testing. Contact us to learn your options.
Be prepared for your drug test!
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your test on site
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer
(MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr
minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water
before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.
Any Test To Suit Your Needs
Sobriety equals safety in many cases, and that’s why Test Smartly Labs takes it very seriously. We offer the following alcohol tests:
- Breath Alcohol Testing
- Blood Alcohol Testing
- Urine Alcohol Testing
- ETG Hair Alcohol Testing
If you need to determine if someone has illegally consumed alcohol, let us know. We can help.