POST ACCIDENT EMERGENCY MOBILE DRUG TESTING
In our modern time, it’s speaking too simply to say that driving under the influence is synonymous with drinking and driving. Alcohol is not the only drug that drivers have to worry about. When an accident happens, it’s often incredibly important for many reasons, including legal, to test the drivers involved to confirm or deny the presence of drugs.
Profoundly Powerful Effects
We live in a time where “drugged” and “under the influence” are terms that are understood by the majority of humans. We all have heard about the effects caused by the plethora of drugs, prescription or illegal, recreational or hospital-exclusive. Nobody needs much explaining to be convinced as to why it’s so incredibly dangerous to drive under the influence, and the laws of our country have evolved to reflect the rapidly updating collection of drugs passed between markets, black or otherwise. It is required by law to avoid the usage of the vast majority of stronger drugs while driving, as the more potent ones can cause symptoms such as:
- Slower thinking
- Slower movement
- Erratic temperament
- Poor judgment
Obviously not all drugs cause such effects. After all, alcohol is a more potent drug than nicotine in terms of immediate effects, and not every drug is criminalized.
Further, in many cases drug use isn’t at all involved in an accident. In some ways being sleepy can cause a very similar attentiveness problem like one would find with being buzzed on alcohol. That’s why what we do is so important. Test Smartly Labs has a mobile service that is available 24/7, fully capable of answering a call and reaching victims soon after accidents to determine if drug usage, from alcohol to cocaine, was involved.
For more information about our Mobile Post-Accident service, contact us today.
Information On This Topic
Advantages of Mobile Drug & Lab Testing Services
From Fortune 500 organizations to small companies and state & federal agencies, drug testing policies are implemented. Every organization has its own reasons to perform drug and alchol testing, which includes safety, liability and risk management.
Benefits of On-site Employee Drug Testing
In addition to performing pre-employment drug testing on new employees during the hiring process, many companies require employees to participate in their mandated random drug testing programs. This is essential for developing a drug-free workplace and as a result, ensuring the safety and productivity of the workplace.
Why Employers are Offering Biometric Screening in the Workplace?
As you search for additional benefits to offer your employees you may consider creating an in-house health and wellness program. With between 65% and 90% of large firms offering biometric screening and a variety of free vaccinations, it’s certainly something to consider. Here’s what you need to know.
A Statistically Proven Need
Mobile drug testing for post-accident emergencies is a lesser known component of the drug testing industry that many people have no knowledge of. But the facts are clear that it is a necessary one:
- According to a 2010 study by the National Center for Statistics and Analysis, 4,000 killed drivers have drugs in their system.
- A study performed in 2016 by multiple researchers estimated the likelihood of fatal injury while driving
- under the influence is increased between 20 to 200 times when compared to sober drivers
- The NHTSA held another study in 2015 that found that more than 20% of U.S. drivers tested positive between 2013 and 2014.
Be prepared for your drug test!
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your test on site
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.