Think about the basics when you hear biometric. Biometric screenings give a quick glimpse into your employees’ health, and they won’t need to take off the entire day of work to get tested. Many employers love biometric screenings because they’re easy to do on-site, making them effective and efficient. Contact us to get started today!
Take A Comprehensive Look At Your Health
A biometric screening can include:
- Cholesterol test
- Glucose test
- Blood pressure check
- Height, weight, waist, and body mass index (BMI) measurements
- Tobacco check
Results could help your employee know what health issues they’re at risk for and if they should follow up with a doctor to run more tests. The results could lead to healthy behavior changes or attitudes.
Taking care of your employees is a great investment and can improve their productivity. Oftentimes, a healthy employee is a happier employee!
To schedule a biometric screening at your office, contact Test Smartly Labs today!
Information On This Topic
Taming Lab Costs
Unmanageable and skyrocketing lab tests are a thing of the past with Test Smartly Labs
We live in an era of rapidly advancing science and an endless desire for understanding. As technology and scientific studies advance our world into the future, human beings are able to unlock and explore their own inner workings in ways that were simply unimaginable just a few decades back.
Biometric Screening in the Workplace
As you search for additional benefits to offer your employees you may consider creating an in-house health and wellness program. With between 65% and 90% of large firms offering biometric screening and a variety of free vaccinations, it’s certainly something to consider. Here’s what you need to know.
Blood Tests for Weight Management and Overall Fitness
With the start of every New Year, a lot of people start to go to the gym and care more about losing weight and their overall fitness. But as the year progresses, the motivation can wane or completely die out.
Are Employee Biometric Screenings Mandatory?
While biometric screenings are conducted by a professional nurse or phlebotomist, some people may be uncomfortable with being forced to participate. They may feel self-conscious about the results, or perhaps they have a fear of needles. This is why there are regulations preventing companies from making biometric screenings mandatory. An effective solution to this is offering employees rewards if they willingly participate. This could include PTO, extra cash, or prizes. The overall benefits that are gained by offering employee biometric screenings are worth spending money on incentives.
Be prepared for your lab test:
- Make sure you have been Fasting for at least 10-12 hours for many blood tests
- Make sure you are Hydrated for blood draw
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your lab test upfront (We don't process insurance claims but can provide you with information to submit your own insurance claim)
- If you are having specialized testing, call ahead to help us determine if there are special collection preparations.
- If you are interested in one of our health panels, please feel free to look at our web listing to help identify which one you want performed.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to business closing to allow us time to process your samples for shipment.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.