Healthy Weight Genetic Profile Testing
This is a comprehensive health and wellness genetic test that provides a unique combination of information concerning nutrigenetics, medication response, and a number of common health conditions. A proprietary algorithm is used to also provide a genetically-matched diet where specific recommendations can be made to help you achieve or maintain a healthy weight.
How Does It Work?
This test is designed to help you look at genetic markers that are known to be involved in your weight. The results will closely analyze your food intake, helping you understand the interaction between what you eat and your genetic makeup as well as recommend a diet plan. The following healthy weight areas and genetic profiles are analyzed:
How your body uses carbs, proteins and fats:
- Proportions of fat, carbohydrates, and proteins needed in your diet
- Recommendations for your genetic makeup for your age, height, and gender
How your body uses nutrients & vitamins:
- Nutrients and vitamins needed
- Possible deficiencies in your genes
- Foods that have nutrients and vitamins missing in your diet
How your body responds to cardio, strength training, and exercise regimes:
- How often to exercise
- Glucose response
To get started, give us a call.
Information On This Topic
Understanding the Downside Risks of “At-Home” Non-Legal Paternity Tests
Everyone is well aware of the fact that genetic material comes from both parents. The mother’s and father’s genes come together to form the unique chemical which is generally known as DNA
Advanced DNA Testing for Overall Health
Unlocking the long-lost story that literally created you- all through the power of DNA Ancestry Testing.
Amelia was unknowingly adopted at the age of three by a loving couple who was wholly dedicated to providing a happy, healthy, and safe home for their daughter.
Discovering Your Past, Learning Your History, and Uncovering your Heritage
When many people think of laboratory blood tests, they imagine making an appointment at their doctor's office, taking time off work, paying large fees, and waiting around in the lobby for who knows how long.
Advancing Further Every Day
The future of preventive health is genetic testing with thousands of tests offered for medical conditions and diseases. The research supporting genetic testing related to lifestyle and wellness has progressed dramatically, even to where we can understand
- The specific genes that dictate how the human body processes nutrients
- How specific genes determine the effectiveness of exercising
Because this testing is available, it’s possible to develop individually-based nutrition and exercise programs that are DNA-specific. Programs tailored to the unique DNA of an individual have proven to be much more effective than generic programs. A recent study, published by the European Society of Human Genetics, found dieters who utilized weight management programs tailored to their individual genome lost up to 33% more weight than those that followed a standard weight loss program.
Be prepared for your DNA or Paternity Test!
- Bring Government Issued ID.
- Bring Birth Certificate for Child. If none, bring a social security card, insurance card, or something else to help support identification.
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure.
- Provide Authorizations to Receive Results.
- Most DNA will require a Buccal Swab specimen from the mouth.
- Prenatal DNA will require a Blood Draw so you will want to by hydrated.
- Be prepared to have a photo taken of all parties being tested.
- Do not eat anything (particularly meat, vegetables and breast milk for infants) for an hour before arriving.
- You do not have to arrive together or go to the same Test Smartly. Labs Testing Center but do coordinate plans with all parties being tested.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.