Ancestry DNA Testing
Who am I? Where did I come from? Where did my ancestors originate from? These are common questions for Americans – and everyone from age 7 to age 77 is likely to ponder them several times throughout a lifetime. At Test Smartly Labs you can get an ancestry DNA test to have your questions answered. You don't need to worry about a thing; we handle all of our own testings, and we are are able to provide you with comprehensive answers delivered with 100% confidence.
Use DNA To Discover Your History
While some families have maintained strong genealogical records detailing the stories of individuals in past generations, many do not have any idea where they came from.
Some cities and websites offer genealogical databases where you can scour old papers, books, and ledgers from hundreds of years ago to find answers to your family history questions. With a DNA test, this hours-long struggle of tracking down all the right documents becomes far less important. Our tests give the ability to trace your bloodline from continent to continent, connect you with potential family members that you never knew, and identify medical predispositions to be on the lookout for. You can even gift this test just for fun, and many a rewarding conversation has been motivated by accurate ancestry testing.
How Does The DNA Test Work For Ancestry?
But did you know an ancestry DNA test can offer additional insights for your personal research (or save you a lot of time) – all with a simple cheek swab? With the ability to test for over 80,000 individual DNA markers that most commercial tests can't begin to identify, Test Smartly Labs provides the surest path to DNA ancestry clarity. Given how important this information is, why would you risk going with a less reliable option?
At Test Smartly Labs we are glad to do everything we can and provide every resource to help you understand your heritage more than ever before. Contact us today.
Information On This Topic
Understanding the Downside Risks of “At-Home” Non-Legal Paternity Tests
Everyone is well aware of the fact that genetic material comes from both parents. The mother’s and father’s genes come together to form the unique chemical which is generally known as DNA.
Discovering Your Past, Learning Your History, and Uncovering your Heritage
When many people think of laboratory blood tests, they imagine making an appointment at their doctor's office, taking time off work, paying large fees, and waiting around in the lobby for who knows how long
What Will The DNA Test Tell Me?
The test will look for DNA matches between your sample and those within the genetic database. It will measure the likelihood that your DNA is linked with the DNA from people in certain populations and regions and help show your family history.
Further, you will have the opportunity to see the ethnicities and cultural contexts of your ancestors based on their geographic locations.
At the end of the day, we can’t tell you what to make of the information, but we’re glad to help our customers bridge gaps and grow in understanding of the lives of their ancestors.
Contact Test Smartly Labs to schedule your ancestry DNA test today!
Be prepared for your DNA or Paternity Test!
- Bring Government Issued ID
- Bring Birth Certificate for Child. If none, bring a social security card, insurance card, or something else to help support identification.
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Provide Authorizations to Receive Results
- Most DNA will require a Buccal Swab specimen from the mouth
- Prenatal DNA will require a Blood Draw so you will want to by hydrated
- Be prepared to have a photo taken of all parties being tested.
- Do not eat anything (particularly meat, vegetables and breast milk for infants) for an hour before arriving.
- You do not have to arrive together or go to the same Test Smartly Labs Testing Center but do coordinate plans with all parties being tested.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.