Preventative Health Services
It’s wise to change the oil in your car—especially when the light comes on—just like it’s wise to get preventive health services, even if you feel fine and don’t think anything is wrong. Test Smartly Labs is a workplace wellness partner for many organizations in the area.
Preventative Testing Against Many Threats
In 2010, more people became very aware of preventive health services as the Affordable Care Act (ACA) began to place a high value on them and encouraged people to get their “check ups” to stop major diseases before they even start.
We don’t perform all 63 of the ACA’s recommended preventive services but we can perform many of them.
If you want to help the people in your workplace be as healthy as they can be, we can either come to your office or run tests in our convenient, easy-to-find lab.
Visit one of our Kansas City locations. Call us, walk-in, or schedule online.
Information On This Topic
Taming Lab Costs
Unmanageable and skyrocketing lab tests are a thing of the past with Test Smartly Labs
We live in an era of rapidly advancing science and an endless desire for understanding. As technology and scientific studies advance our world into the future, human beings are able to unlock and explore their own inner workings in ways that were simply unimaginable just a few decades back.
Importance of Hormone Testing
Understanding the critical role hormones play in our daily health – from weight management to sexual health and everything in between.
The importance of proper hormonal balance simply cannot be overstated. Hormones are defined as a group of signaling molecules produced by the body’s gland system.
Blood Tests for Weight Management and Overall Fitness
With the start of every New Year, a lot of people start to go to the gym and care more about losing weight and their overall fitness. But as the year progresses, the motivation can wane or completely die out.
Versatile Service For Powerful Prevention:
We offer many of the recommended preventive health services:
- Alcohol screening
- Anemia screening
- Bacteriuria urinary tract or other infection screening
- Blood pressure screening for all adults
- Chlamydia infection screening
- Cholesterol screening
- Type 2 Diabetes screening
- Gonorrhea screening
- Hematocrit or Hemoglobin screening
- Hepatitis B screening
- HIV screening
- Lead screening
- Osteoporosis screening
- Rh Incompatibility screening
- Sexually Transmitted Infection (STI) screening
- Tobacco Use screening
- Syphilis screening
Be prepared for your lab test:
- Make sure you have been Fasting for at least 10-12 hours for many blood tests
- Make sure you are Hydrated for blood draw
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your lab test upfront (We don't process insurance claims but can provide you with information to submit your own insurance claim)
- If you are having specialized testing, call ahead to help us determine if there are special collection preparations.
- If you are interested in one of our health panels, please feel free to look at our web listing to help identify which one you want performed.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to business closing to allow us time to process your samples for shipment.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.