Disease And Condition Testing
Are you experiencing any new or concerning symptoms? These days with the internet at our fingertips, it’s easy to pull out our phones and begin to search the symptoms we’re experiencing when something’s not quite right. However, online websites can only tell us so much, and the lack of a scientific answer can cause more anxiety. To gain peace of mind, express your concerns to your physician, and order a lab test right away!
How To Get A Lab Test
Maybe you know certain diseases run in your family, or you suspect you’re suffering from a rare condition because of your online research. Perhaps you’re already seeing a doctor and he/she recommended lab tests.
In either situation, Test Smartly Labs is here to help.
We can run any lab panel a doctor requests, or any panel you want to request for yourself.
Here are the most common conditions and diseases our customers ask us to help screen for:
- Kidney Disease
- Liver Disease
- GI Diseases and Disorders
- Cancer Detection
- Blood Disease
- Autoimmune Disease
- Infectious Disease
- Celiac Disease
It’s critically important that your research doesn’t stop at the blood test. Work with a doctor to understand your results and get treatment if necessary.
To get started, contact us. Visit one of our locations in the Kansas City area.
Information On This Topic
Taming Lab Costs
Unmanageable and skyrocketing lab tests are a thing of the past with Test Smartly Labs
We live in an era of rapidly advancing science and an endless desire for understanding. As technology and scientific studies advance our world into the future, human beings are able to unlock and explore their own inner workings in ways that were simply unimaginable just a few decades back.
Save a Fortune on Lab Testing (Blood Test) Services
When many people think of laboratory blood tests, they imagine making an appointment at their doctor’s office, taking time off work, paying large fees, and waiting around in the lobby for who knows how long. Then, you have to wait around for days to get a call from a nurse with your results.
Saving Money by Shopping for Affordable Lab Testing
Let’s face it: health care is outrageously expensive in America, and the costs have been on the rise over the last couple of decades. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, the average consumer spent $4,968 on health care in 2018.
What Is Health Anxiety?
Most people can live life without paying much attention to a headache or the occasional pain of a cramping muscle. They are appeased by a simple explanation from their doctor and then continue throughout life without giving it much thought. However, some individuals who experience slight pains or strange sensations may begin to obsess and worry over them, especially if they are at risk for genetic diseases.
Can A Test Help Reduce My Anxiety?
Health anxiety can become crippling if it’s not dealt with. Some ways to put this intense anxiety to rest is avoiding doing online research, getting therapy, talking to a physician, and ordering a thorough test. Test Smartly provides tests that can help you gain the peace of mind you need to enjoy life again.
Be prepared for your lab test:
- Make sure you have been Fasting for at least 10-12 hours for many blood tests
- Make sure you are Hydrated for blood draw
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your lab test upfront (We don't process insurance claims but can provide you with information to submit your own insurance claim)
- If you are having specialized testing, call ahead to help us determine if there are special collection preparations.
- If you are interested in one of our health panels, please feel free to look at our web listing to help identify which one you want performed.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to business closing to allow us time to process your samples for shipment.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.