Menopause Panel Basic
Menopause Panel Basic: Panel of 6 core menopause lab tests, analyzing the sample for the level of each related substance in one test. Specimen Type: Blood
You May Also Consider
It's easy as 1-2-3..
- Get Results
If you’ve not had a period for over one year and are between the age of 45 and 55, you have probably reached menopause. However, there are many signs and symptoms that you might experience leading up to this day. They could occur several years before you’re officially in menopause. One indicator is certain hormone levels are changing. A lab test can help confirm this, so contact us about our testing options today!
Lab Test for Menopause
There are several lab tests we can conduct to examine hormones levels – These tests are major players when it comes to determining the onset of menopause.
We recommend working with your medical doctor to determine which blood tests you’ll need to determine if you’re in menopause. This is because your personal health history and family history may come into play. You may also find yourself needing treatment or therapies depending on the side effects you’re experiencing and the outcome of your results.
Test Smartly Labs makes getting your labs drawn easy and convenient. Our prices are much lower compared to hospital labs. Plus, the average turnaround time for test results is quicker. Contact us to get started!
Information On This Topic
Understanding STI vs STD
STI stands for “Sexually Transmitted Infection” and STD stands for “Sexually Transmitted Disease”. These two terms sound similar and the difference between them can be confusing. One of the reasons for this is that up to a certain point these two terms were synonymous and were used interchangeably. But now there is a technical difference between these terms which has been acknowledged by the medical community and can no longer be used synonymously.
Privacy Matters for STI/STD Testing at Test Smartly Labs
While all health-related matters deserve the utmost privacy and confidentiality, some types of blood tests and lab work need even more. When it comes to STI or STD testing, you do not want to have any small chance of anyone you know finding out about your risks or diagnoses. Of course, if you go to your doctor’s office or even a public clinic, the HIPAA rules require everyone involved to keep your information private and secure. However, you may still have some doubts troubling your mind.
The Silent Epedemic STD
STD/STI statistics and need-to-know information to live a healthy life
It is one of the most difficult and uncomfortable topics for most people to discuss – and it is literally ruining millions of lives every day.
Your doctor will likely recommend a series of tests. Here’s what’s included in our basic menopause panel:
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- FSH, Follicle Stimulating Hormone + LH, Luteinizing Hormone
- Estradiol, E2
- Lipid Panel with LDL: HDL Ratio
To get your labs drawn here, request that your doctor writes you a script. Have their office call us to schedule an appointment for you, or you can request the appointment yourself by contacting us.
Be prepared for your lab test!
- Make sure you have been Fasting for at least 10-12 hours for many blood tests
- Make sure you are Hydrated for blood draw
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your lab test upfront (We don't process insurance claims but can provide you with information to submit your own insurance claim)
- If you are having specialized testing, call ahead to help us determine if there are special collection preparations.
- If you are interested in one of our health panels, please feel free to look at our web listing to help identify which one you want performed.
- Please try to arrive 30 minutes prior to business closing to allow us time to process your samples for shipment.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.