Can I trust them?
Sometimes it’s a gut feeling. Other times it takes a call to the page full of references. When you’re hiring a new employee or onboarding a new volunteer, you want who will be the best fit for your organization.
You need someone you can count on.
While resumes, character references and portfolios will tell you a lot about a person, sometimes a background check will tell you even more.
At Test Smartly Labs, we can help you run background checks on any individual where you need to peek into their background to ensure they’re a safe fit for your organization.
What’s Common for a Pre-Employment Background Check?
A background check will give a fuller view of someone’s history and trustworthiness, helping you identify if they’re a good fit for your organization.
According to a Money Watch article on pre-employment background checks, potential employers may review someone’s:
- Criminal records – a common first place employers look
- Credit checks – look for loan defaults, bankruptcy, etc.
- Education, certification and licenses – many are public records
- References (and check out social media while you’re at it)
- Military records – rank, salary, duties and awards
- Driving records – DUI in the past?
And just to remind you – pre-employment drug testing is completely legal and a recommended part of the hiring process.
To get a drug testing partner into place, contact Test Smartly Labs.