Testing for Businesses/Organizations
Employees are one of the most valuable assets of any business or organization – just ask the employer! Employees often make or break an organization. Their productivity can anchor your success.
That’s why it’s critical to take good care of them and give them all of the tools and resources necessary for them to succeed.
In addition to clear HR policies and safe workplace environments, your workplace policy on drug and alcohol is critical. An official program outlining your testing procedures and expectations for all employees is the best way to protect yourself and your organization.
If you need a partner for your drug and alcohol testing needs, Test Smartly Labs can help.
Why is a workplace drug and alcohol testing program so important?
Not only can a drug and alcohol testing program at your workplace keep you and your employees safe, it can also save you money.
Just check out these statistics from the U.S. Department of Labor:
- Alcoholism causes 500 million lost workdays each year.
- The National Institutes of Health reported that alcohol and drug abuse cost the economy $246 billion in 1992.
- According to results of a NIDA-sponsored survey, drug-using employees are:
- 2.2 times more likely to request early dismissal or time off
- 2.5 times more likely to have absences of eight days or more
- 3 times more likely to be late for work
- 3.6 times more likely to be involved in a workplace accident
- 5 times more likely to file a workers’ compensation claim
To see bigger profits, less absenteeism, lower theft and fewer claims and accidents, a drug and alcohol-free policy is critical to your workplace.
Drug and alcohol testing for Department of Transportation (DOT)
The Department of Transportation is one industry that takes drug and alcohol extremely seriously. There are specific forms, rules and regulations that must be followed in order for tests to be DOT-approved. This includes physicals for drivers.
Test Smartly Labs is trained and approved to perform a range of DOT tests for many agencies under its jurisdiction.
Workplace wellness programs
In addition to drug and alcohol testing, Test Smartly Labs partners with employers for workplace wellness. From providing flu shots for the entire office to performing biometric screenings and running standard health panels, let us help you make sure your employees are as healthy as they can be.