If you’ve not had a period for over one year, you have reached menopause.
However, there are many signs and symptoms that you might experience leading up to this day. They could occur several years before you’re officially in “menopause.”
Many of them mirror signs of aging:
- Thinning hair – especially on your head
- Don’t feel like yourself – mood swings, can’t sleep, struggle to focus
- Body temperature issues – especially hot flashes and night sweats
- Vaginal dryness and lower sex drive
- Changes in your periods – more time in between them and they’re shorter/longer or lighter/heavier
If you’re interested in anti-aging strategies and wondering if you could be in menopause, lab testing may be able to help!
Lab Tests for Menopause
Several lab tests we can draw for involve hormones – major players when it comes to menopause.
We recommend working with your medical doctor to determine which blood tests need run to determine if you’re in menopause. This is because your personal health history and family history may come into play – and you may also find yourself needing treatment or therapies depending on the side effects you’re experiencing and the outcome of your results.
Test Smartly Labs makes getting your labs drawn easy and convenient. Our prices are much lower compared to hospital labs, plus it’s easier to get in-and-out of our facilities.
Your doctor will likely recommend a series of tests. Here’s what’s included in our basic menopause panel:
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- FSH, Follicle Stimulating Hormone + LH, Leutinizing Hormone
- Estradiol, E2
- Lipid Panel with LDL:HDL Ratio
To get your labs drawn here, request that your doctor writes you a script and either have their office call us to schedule an appointment for you… or request the appointment yourself by (913) 221-0270 or (816) 759-0116.