It’s a painful experience. You’re ready to have a child and start trying. But month after month, nothing happens.
You long for an excuse to run out and buy a drugstore pregnancy test, but to no avail, each month your hope wanes. And you wonder – could you be infertile?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) defines infertility as:
“Not being able to get pregnant (conceive) after one year (or longer) of unprotected sex.”
The CDC estimates:
- About 6% of married women aged 15 to 44 years in the United States are unable to get pregnant after one year of trying (infertility).
- About 12% of women aged 15 to 44 years in the United States have difficulty getting pregnant or carrying a pregnancy to term.
Although it’s a relatively common situation for men AND women, there are some steps that can be taken to address infertility.
Lab Tests for Infertility
It’s important to work with your doctor if you’re concerned you’re infertile. A reproductive specialist needs to be involved to help determine the cause and strategies for your family building goals.
A series of tests may be recommended to help uncover if hormone imbalances are behind your infertility struggles. We recommend letting your doctor advise what needs checked.
Test Smartly Labs is a preferred lab testing partner for many in your shoes, and we can help get your blood work drawn in an easy-to-find, comfortable location.
To request to have your labs drawn by us, let your doctor know and give us a call to schedule your appointment.
Lab tests to check for fertility and infertility
At Test Smartly Labs, we offer lab tests for both men and women to check for hormones that lead to sustainable pregnancies.
Male Fertility Panel
- T4 Thyroxine, Free, Direct, Serum
- Urinalysis, Complete With Microscopic Examination
- TSH (Thyroid-Stimulating Hormone)
- FSH, Follicle Stimulating Hormone + LH, Leutinizing Hormone
- Testosterone, Free (Direct), Serum With Total Testosterone
- SHBG (Sex Hormone Binding Globulin)
- DHEA-S (Dehydroepiandrosterone sulfate)
- Estrogens, Total
We also offer a comprehensive and ultimate female fertility panel.