Ketamine is a powerful, fast-acting tranquilizing drug with anesthetic and hallucinogenic properties. It is considered more dangerous than many drugs in its category. Test Smartly Labs offers several testing options that will detect the use of ketamine in someone’s system. Whether you need the drug test for personal or professional reasons, you can trust us to get you quick answers.
What Is Ketamine And How Is It Abused?
Ketamine was originally created in the 1960s and used as an anesthetic during the Vietnam war. It is related to PCP, but ketamine is not as powerful.
In smaller doses, this drug reduces pain and causes temporary amnesia, which is especially useful in medical procedures. It is also showing promise in treating severe cases of clinical depression.
Unfortunately, ketamine is often abused and used for non-medical purposes. It is sometimes used as a date rape drug as it hinders movement and speaking ability.
Ketamine is typically snorted up the nose when used recreationally. In higher doses, it can cause many short-term and long-term effects such as confusion, delusions, and breathing difficulties.
If you think your employee, friend, or family member may be experimenting with or using unprescribed ketamine, you should intervene. Test Smartly Labs offers many testing options for those who need quick results. Contact us today to get started immediately!
Information On This Topic
Understanding Drug Testing Types, Methods And Specimen Collection
Examining the wide assortment of drug testing options available and exploring the potential pros and cons of each method
There are several reasons or circumstances that can lead to the necessity of a drug test.
Why do businesses need to randomly drug test employees?
“Pre-employment screening is not good enough to reduce drugs in the workplace as anyone can stop long enough to find a job… ”
“If your business doesn’t drug test, you will likely attract illicit drug abusers looking for employment…”
Why Do Businesses Need Random Employee Drug Tests?
Do you remember the last time you applied for a new job? Or perhaps you are a hiring manager at the business who has accepted many applications and interviewed potential hires. One common part of the hiring process is the pre-employment drug test. No matter what side of the process you are on, this drug test is designed to ensure that the company ends up with the best employees possible who will be able to perform their duties safely and successfully.
What Are The Long-Term And Short-Term Side Effects Of Ketamine?
Ketamine can cause many health issues, especially when higher doses are used. Unregulated use can also lead to addiction and tolerance, which means that the user must increase the dose each time to feel the pleasant effects of the drug. This increases the chances of overdosing. Here an only a few of the concerning side effects of Ketamine:
- Dangerous changes in blood pressure
- Violent behavior
Please contact us today to schedule a test. It could save a life.
Be prepared for your drug test...
- Bring your Government Issued Picture ID
- Bring Drug Test Paperwork or Authorization
- Complete TSL Intake Form & HIPAA Disclosure
- Pay for your Test on the same day it happens
- Make sure you are hydrated if you are performing a Urine Test
- Expect to have your nail polish removed if getting a Nail Drug Test
- We do not need your prescription information but a Medical Review Officer (MRO) may contact you after collection to verify your medications.
- For urine testing, plan on arriving 3 hours before we close (1 hr minimum) to provide a cushion of time for a shy bladder situation.
- For hair testing, be sure to dry your hair completely before arriving.
- For nail testing, be sure to clean your nails with soap and water before arriving. Also, artificial nails and polish must be removed.
What Are Your Hours?
- All Test Smartly Labs are open Monday through Friday, from 9am - 5pm
- The Overland Park Testing Center is also open from 9am – 1pm on Saturdays
Do We Need To Have An Appointment?
- No appointment is required to come into our labs, and all of our locations are on a walk-in basis. However, it is recommended you arrive at least 30 minutes prior to closing. If your situation requires special time considerations, please call us to determine if it would be better to arrange an appointment time.
Do I Need Doctors’ Orders For Testing?
- No doctors’ orders needed, we are a Direct-Access Testing Center. You are encouraged to consult your medical professional with your lab test results.
What’s The Turnaround Time For Lab Work?
- Average turnaround time is 2-5 business days depending on the complexity of the lab work. Most tests are available in 2-3 days.
Do You Need A List Of My Medications For A Drug Test?
- Per protocol, the lab techs are not allowed to receive or ask for your medications. A medical review officer or MRO, a licensed physician who specializes in toxicology, will call you and ask for your medications and your physician’s phone number if it’s detected in your sample during testing. The MRO will then call your physician to verify your medications.