Cocaine Drug Testing
Cocaine is a common street drug that’s highly addictive. It comes with several short-term and long-term side effects that can be harmful to the user. Those abusing cocaine are at risk for several serious health concerns. Although there are not any FDA-approved medications to help those addicted to cocaine, there are several proven approaches and trained professionals who can aid in recovery.
Test Smartly Labs can get involved as the drug testing partner to determine if a person has been using and/or abusing cocaine. Several of our drug tests will look for traces of cocaine in the body. These are:
- Urine Drug Testing
- Nail Drug Testing
- Saliva/Oral Drug Testing
- Hair Follicle Drug Testing
How to best test for cocaine?
If you’re testing someone for cocaine use, you need to take into account how much they’re using (dosage) and how often (frequency). This may help you decide which type of test you need.
Here’s a helpful guide:
- Did someone use cocaine one time? (single use)
- A saliva test will be most effective
- Avoid urine or hair tests
- Has someone been using a lot of cocaine? (high dosage)
- A nail test will detect the longest length of time; a hair test will look at dosage over the past 90 days
- Has someone been using cocaine very often (frequent use)?
- A urine or saliva test are the best tests for this
If you suspect someone is using cocaine, don’t wait to get help. If you need a reliable drug testing partner, contact us.